Become a Supplier
Any New Zealand farmer producing sheep, lambs, cattle, deer or pigs can become an Alliance Group supplier. We currently process around 30% of New Zealand’s sheepmeat and venison plus 10% of beef, and export over 1,600 different product lines to 65 countries.
With plants placed strategically around the country, we’re perfectly positioned to work with farmers all over New Zealand.
Livestock may be supplied to us for processing whether you’re an Alliance Group shareholder or not. Non-shareholders can work with us using our schedule supply option – however, our pool option is restricted to shareholder suppliers, as are other contract supply arrangements available from time to time.
There are a number of other benefits and services shareholders can access, including store stock sale, purchase facilitation, and share-farming facilitation.
For more information on becoming an Alliance Group supplier, please contact us.
Become a Shareholder
Shares in Alliance Group can be issued to farmers who are supplying or intend to supply livestock for processing.
Through a shareholding in the co-operative, our farmers have an interest in, and influence over, the red meat supply chain
Our co-operative principles ensure our farmer shareholders are at the heart of every decision we make
We aim to ensure our farmer shareholders receive pricing and total returns that are greater than that available from any other processor over the long-term and you’re rewarded for committed and consistent supply of livestock.
The benefits of being a shareholder include:
- An ownership interest in the company, with corresponding voting rights
- Eligibility for a share in distributions when approved by the board – this may be in the form of rebates, refunds or bonuses (including pool payments)
- First preference for processing space allocation
- The option to supply stock under a Yield Quality Contract, with associated yield-based premiums
- The ability to qualify as platinum and gold suppliers, with eligibility for incentives such as advance payments and contract offers
For more information on becoming an Alliance Group shareholder, please view our product disclosure statement and/or contact us.