Classic Home Lamb Shanks
- 12 Shanks of lamb
- 2L Chicken Stock
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Parsnips
- 2 Onions
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Bottle of Red Wine (preferably Shiraz)
- Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
2. Place 12 lamb shanks in a large roasting dish.
3. Cook for 90 minutes on 30% steam once they have been seasoned with salt and pepper.
4. Chop the carrots, parsnips, a onions into bite sized pieces and add to the half cooked lamb shanks.
5. In a four litre container, mix chicken stock, tomato paste, red wine and salt and pepper to season.
6. Pour over the shanks, cover with tinfoil and continue cooking for 90 minutes at 120° 30% steam.