Tenderloin Lamb Salad
- 50 grams shelled and roasted Pistachio nuts
- 16 Cherry tomatoes
- 250 grams Fresh spinach leaves
- 250 grams Roasted diced kumara
- 100 grams sliced Parmesan cheese
- 1 Roasted red pepper
- 50 grams Cranberries
- 8 Lamb fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Lamb
1. Remove the Lamb fillets from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
2. Check the Lamb fillets have been well trimmed of all silver skin.
3. Rub the oil, salt and pepper through the lamb fillets.
4. Heat a heavy based cast iron pan until almost smoking.
5. Seal the lamb fillets in the pan very quickly for 1-2 minutes. Remove and allow to rest for 3-4 minutes.
For the salad
1. Place all the salad ingredients in a good sized salad bowl and lightly toss.
2. Dress with a light dressing.
3. Place the salad into 4 serving dishes and add the sliced rested Lamb.
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
1. Whisk the garlic cloves, mustard, vinegar, kosher salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
2. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify.
3. Taste for salt and pepper.
Use vinegar to taste, feel free to use balsamic and red wine vinegar. Leave out garlic or add herbs to taste. Add dried oregano and/or substitute lemon juice for the vinegar for a Greek-like dressing.