Alliance Group is committed to sustainable management of the natural and physical resources we depend on.
New Zealand’s pristine natural environment, climate and ecosystems are the bedrock of our business and the key to our exceptional product quality. We work hard to maintain these conditions, and take all practicable steps to:
- Meet or exceed relevant regulatory requirements
- Continually improve environmental performance by identifying and measuring impacts, developing clear objectives and meaningful targets, and measuring progress with effective monitoring
- Optimise the use of all resources including energy, water, packaging and chemicals to minimise the impact of our operations
- Annually review the adequacy of the environmental management programme and progress towards achieving environmental objectives and targets
- Communicate regularly on environmental matters with stakeholders (including shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers, communities and regulatory bodies)
- Allocate appropriate resources to enable effective environmental management
All plants are working toward full environmental accreditation with recognised programmes including:
- Enviro-mark (UK-based voluntary environmental accreditation programme) – independently audited
- ISO 14001 standard (on-plant initiatives include energy efficiency, water and waste management)
- The Alliance Group Farm Assurance Scheme
- Resource Management Act 1991 (NZ’s primary environmental legislation)
- Packaging Accord 2004 (aimed at improving the sustainability of packaging used in NZ)
Alliance Group are also very aware of the effect of climate change on the environment, and have reduced greenhouse gas emissions from energy use by 26% per unit of production since 2000.
We also continue to look for new ways of doing business with lower impact on the environment we all depend upon.