Pure South Lamb Kebabs with Mushrooms
Pure South Lamb Kebabs with Mushrooms, Peppers and Cherry Tomatoes
For 4 servings
500 gm lean Pure South Lamb leg cuts (the rump, topside, knuckle or silverside are all suitable)
1 good sized red pepper
1 good sized green pepper
8 yellow cherry tomatoes
8 red cherry tomatoes
16 button mushrooms
Rice bran oil
For the Herb Seasoning
1 tbsp fresh oregano
1 tbsp fresh mint
1 tbsp fresh thyme
1 tbsp fresh rosemary
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the Pure South lamb leg into about 2.5 cm cubes, placing them in a bowl.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the herb paste and pour over the lamb, tossing well ensuring all pieces of lamb are well coated.
- Cover the bowl loosely with a cloth and allow to marinate either on the bench for 2 hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water.
- Halve the peppers removing the core and all the seeds, then cut into similar sized pieces as the meat.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat a tablespoon of rice bran oil in a heavy based pan and heat until almost smoking. Quickly toss the pieces on meat in the pan just to lightly seal the meat. (this will ensure better cooking of the kebabs once they are on the skewer).
- Now thread the peppers, lamb, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes alternately onto the soaked bamboo skewers.
- Heat up your barbecue or place a heavy based cast iron pan over a high heat drizzling with a little peanut oil.
- Barbecue or grill the skewers for 2½-3 minutes on each side.
- Once you have completed that place on a plate covering loosely with a cloth and allow to rest for 3-4 minutes before serving alongside your favourite salad.